We all have those moments in movies where we just sit there and think “what the heck did I just watch?” Whether it’s a plot hole so big you could drive a truck through it, or a character doing something so out of character you question everything you thought you knew about them, these are the 11 moments in movies that ruined the whole movie.
– The moment in Spider-Man when Mary Jane Watson kisses Peter Parker on the cheek and says “My hero” after he’s just saved her life.
This is such an odd moment because up until this point Mary Jane has shown nothing but disgust towards Peter, and it feels like this scene was included solely for the purpose of giving Peter a “reward” for his heroism. It completely ruins the chemistry between the two characters and makes Mary Jane seem shallow and ungrateful.
– The moment in The Lord of the Rings when Aragorn tells Legolas to “shoot first and ask questions later.” This is such an out-of-character moment for Aragorn, who is usually portrayed as a wise and noble leader.
This moment makes him seem reckless and careless, which does not fit with his character at all.
– The moment in The Phantom Menace when Jar Jar Binks says “Mesa your humble servant.” This is just an annoying moment because of how grating Jar Jar’s voice is.
It’s made even worse by the fact that this is one of the first lines he says in the movie, so it sets the tone for how annoying he will be for the rest of the film.
– The moment in Batman v Superman when Lois Lane is saved by Superman.
This is a really frustrating moment because it completely undermines Lois Lane’s character. She is supposed to be a strong and independent woman, but in this scene she is completely helpless and needs to be saved by a man. It’s a really sexist moment that takes away from the film as a whole.
– The moment in The Dark Knight when Batman throws Rachel Dawes out of the Joker’s car.
This is a really heartbreaking moment because it shows how far Batman is willing to go to stop the Joker. He’s so desperate to save Rachel that he doesn’t even hesitate to throw her out of a moving car. It’s a really intense moment, but it also completely ruins the relationship between Batman and Rachel.
– The moment in The Avengers when Loki is defeated by the Hulk. This is such a frustrating moment because it completely undercuts Loki’s character. Up until this point he has been portrayed as a powerful and fearsome villain, but in this scene he is easily defeated by a brute force. It makes him seem weak and powerless, which takes away from the film as a whole movie
These are the moments that ruined the whole movie for me. What about you? What are the moments in movies that ruined the whole movie for you? Let me know in the comments