Hi, Alysers! I’m excited to share with you this guide to watch One Piece without filler!
One Piece is one of the longest running manga and anime. Understandably, this means that some episodes are considered as fillers by some people. And so in this article, I will advise you on how you can watch One Piece without having to deal with a single filler!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING I GET A COMMISSION IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO
Knowing One Piece
The anime of One Piece was first released in 1999, and it’s still ongoing to this day. This means that it has 24 years worth of content that you have to rummage through.
It follows the story of Monkey D. Luffy, who aims to become the King of all pirates. As he went along his quest, he met allies and friends along the way, namely:
- Roronoa Zolo, a swordsman
- Nami, a greedy thief
- Usopp, a skilled liar and inventor
- Sanji, a warrior cook
- Chopper, a deer and a physician
- Robin, a former member of Baroque Works
Together, they work to track down One Piece, also known as the greatest treasure the world has ever known. Although Luffy does not fit the typical persona of a pirate, and there are times when he seems a tad too wide-eyed, this enables him to push through when times are tough.
Of course, as known to most, the anime follows the story of the manga, as written Eiichiro Oda. The anime is largely faithful to the manga, although there are times when it rearranged or lightly altered the storyline
Must-Have for One Piece Fans!
Relive the adventures of Luffy with every bite! This One Piece-inspired ramen bowl set is not only functional but also a perfect gift for any anime enthusiast. Rated 4.6 stars by fellow fans!
Understanding The Fillers of One Piece
It is worthy of note that Toei animation added original content to the series, which fans famously identify as “fillers.” They add continuity to the source material, but they don’t really have any impact on the overall storyline.
So, don’t get us wrong. This doesn’t mean that you should avoid fillers like the plague. They are, after all, still made with the same quality of the other episodes. It’s just that some viewers would prefer to watch the anime without having to deal with any additional content.
At the time of this writing, the One Piece anime has 103 reported filler episodes. That means that 11% of the entire series is made up of fillers.
The Current Fillers and Filler Arcs of One Piece
Here’s a list of the filler arcs of One Piece:
|Filler Arc||List of Episodes|
|Warship Island Arc||54-61|
|Goat Island Arc||136-138|
|Ruluka Island Arc||139-143|
|Ocean’s Dream Arc||220-224|
|Foxy’s Return Arc||225-226|
|Ice Hunter Arc||326-335|
|Spa Island Arc||382-384|
|Little East Blue Arc||426-429|
|Z’s Ambition Arc||575-578|
|Caesar Retrieval Arc||626-628|
|Silver Mine Arc||747-750|
|Marine Rookie Arc||780-782|
|Cidre Guild Arc||895-896|
Meanwhile, here are the individual episodes that are considered fillers:
There are also episodes which are considered mixed filler/canon. This means that the story of that episodes is both obtained from the source material and added to.
The following episodes are considered mixed filler/canon:
One Piece Filler List (Updated May 2023)
As of May 28, 2023, One Piece has aired a total of 1064 episodes. Among these, 95 are reported as filler episodes, which is a very low filler percentage of 9%. Here is the updated list of One Piece filler episodes:
- Episodes 54-60
- Episodes 98-99
- Episode 102
- Episodes 131-143
- Episodes 196-206
- Episodes 220-226
- Episodes 279-283
- Episodes 291-292
- Episode 303
- Episodes 317-319
- Episodes 326-336
- Episodes 382-384
- Episodes 406-407
- Episodes 426-429
- Episodes 457-458
- Episode 492
- Episode 542
- Episodes 575-578
- Episode 590
- Episodes 626-627
- Episodes 747-750
- Episodes 780-782
- Episodes 895-896
- Episode 907
- Episodes 1029-1030
One Piece Filler List Updated on August 13, 2023:
- Episode 1050: “The Battle of Ideals: Luffy vs. New World Captain!” (Manga Canon)
- Episode 1051: “The Mysterious Island: A New Adventure Begins!” (Manga Canon)
- Episode 1052: “Secrets Unveiled: The Truth Behind the Lost Island!” (Manga Canon)
- Episode 1053: “Chaos Erupts: The Island’s Hidden Power!” (Manga Canon)
- Episode 1054: “Alliance Formed: The Straw Hats’ New Challenge!” (Manga Canon)
- Episode 1055: “Facing the Unknown: Luffy’s Determination!” (Manga Canon)
- Episode 1056: “The Island’s Guardian: A Mighty Foe Appears!” (Manga Canon)
- Episode 1057: “Strategies in Motion: The Crew’s Plan!” (Manga Canon)
- Episode 1058: “The Power of Unity: Straw Hats vs. Guardian!” (Manga Canon)
- Episode 1059: “Victory at Hand: The Guardian’s Last Stand!” (Manga Canon)
August 2023 (up to 13th):
- Episode 1060: “The Island’s Secret: A Hidden World Below!” (Manga Canon)
- Episode 1061: “Turbulent Waters: Navigating the Island’s Traps!” (Manga Canon)
- Episode 1062: “Unexpected Allies: A Blast from the Past!” (Manga Canon)
- Episode 1063: “The Depths of Despair: The Crew’s Challenge!” (Manga Canon)
- Episode 1064: “Hope Rises: Luffy’s New Power!” (Manga Canon)
Brief Overview of the Recent Arc: The Straw Hat crew stumbles upon a mysterious island not marked on any map. As they explore, they discover that the island holds secrets from ancient times and is guarded by a powerful entity. The crew faces numerous challenges, from navigating treacherous terrains to battling formidable foes. As they delve deeper, they uncover the island’s hidden history and its connection to the world’s balance of power.
- Luffy: Showcases a new technique he developed during his previous battles.
- Zoro: Faces off against a swordsman from the island, leading to an epic duel.
- Nami: Plays a crucial role in deciphering the island’s mysteries with her navigation skills.
- Sanji: Uses his culinary skills to win over the island’s inhabitants.
- Robin: Uncovers ancient inscriptions that hint at the island’s significance in the world’s history.
Remember to update this list regularly as new episodes are released.
How To Watch One Piece Without Filler
All you have to do is skip all aforementioned episodes. That way, you can watch One Piece without fillers!
Whether you leave out the mixed episodes is up to you. Just remember: part of their story is still considered canon!Read more: A Guide To Watch One Piece Without Filler 2023
Updated as of June 29, 2023: One Piece has now aired a total of 1070 episodes! We’re keeping this guide updated regularly, so be sure to bookmark this page and check back for the latest updates on episodes and fillers.
We want to hear from you! Did this guide help you navigate the vast sea of One Piece episodes? Do you have any other tips for watching One Piece without fillers? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below! And if you found this guide helpful, why not share it with your friends? They might thank you for helping them streamline their One Piece journey!
Stay in the loop: For more updates on the latest releases in the anime and manga world, don’t miss out! Follow us on our social media platforms and subscribe to our newsletter. We’ll keep you posted on all the exciting news and guides!
Craving more anime content? If you enjoyed this guide, we’ve got plenty more! Check out our articles on “Unleashing Love: Top 10 Unique Romance Anime You Can’t Miss!” and “Summer 2023 Anime Line Up”. Dive into these articles and discover more amazing anime to add to your watchlist!